Sunday 13 May 2012

Moustache Hands

Some of the scenes were rendered quite a few times due to mistakes, such as the outer body of Terry being visible through his open mouth. Once I had rendered the majority of the scenes I required I imported the rendered scenes into Premiere Pro. I then edited and moved them around to create an initial piece (without sound) to show to a few people to gage their reactions, ask their opinions and also to see whether Terry and his facial animations were believable enough for a final render. Most of the feedback I received was positive, although one audience member did question the time change in some of the scenes.

I explained that the hands on the clock face were used for the majority of the piece to emphasise the emotion and gestures of Terry (e.g. yawning the hands are pointing down as if stretching with his facial muscles) and during the second scene there are used for Terry to tell the exact time and to know when to start his alarm call. In the scenes where Terry is not using his hands to emphasise his facial expression, they act as his moustache, at a generic twenty to four position.


No comments:

Post a Comment