Thursday 10 May 2012

Face Materials







After boning Terry and playing with morpher to move his mouth, I wasn't happy with how the material on his face was distorting when his mouth moved. I took a photo of my personal alarm clock and edited the photo of Photoshop to take away the hands and centre ring. I then added these to Terry as a bitmap.









I still wasn't happy with this material, mainly due to how Terry ended up looking like he had eaten some numbers every time he opened his mouth. To avoid this issue I used a multi-sub object material to make the inside of his mouth black.











In the Polygon Material ID section I assigned the outside of Terry's face to the clock bitmap via smoothing group 1, I then selected the polygons inside Terry's mouth and assigned them to smoothing group two and put a matte black vinyl material on it via the material editor.

















No comments:

Post a Comment