Sunday 13 May 2012

Final Scene

For the final scene I wanted Terry to go from being an angry little clock to get his 'comeuppance'. Throughout my research into existing villainous characters, for the audience to connect with the hero of the piece, the villain never ends up victorious. In my original storyboard I had Terry ringing too close to the edge of the bedside table and falling from it. Since I had no environment and consequently no bedside cabinet for Terry to fall from I chose to show him wobbling where he was and losing control of his ringing which made him fall backwards. 

I animated Terry wobbling and I had to try a few different techniques to get him to wobble effectively. Linking and connecting the different objects didn't work as each piece of Terry decided to fly off wherever they fancied. In the end I had to group the objects and make the wobble effect by moving his legs and using rotation. Unfortunately after grouping Terry's pieces I was unable to affect the pivot point, which I wanted to place down on one of his legs. I had to therefore leave it central to Terry which I don't feel worked as well as I had originally intended. In the end I was reasonably happy with how Terry wobbled and how his pupils moved due to the link constraint I had used for him to look at. 

As Terry falls backwards there is no real connection point where he hits the floor as there is no real floor for him to hit. I would like to have added real world physics to this part and assigned mass and gravity to the scene but I ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment