Thursday 10 May 2012

Animating Issues

Due to how I had modeled the eyes (explained in a previous post) I couldn't attach them to the face and still manipulate them the way I wanted to (with the FFD boxes and rotating the eyelids for blinking). So I kept them as separate models and manipulated them individually. This was working well when I created all of the facial expressions (a few examples are displayed in my previous post) the issues came when animating Terry as a whole object.

In the scene where Terry gets agitated that no one is paying him any attention, he gets quite frustrated and wobbles from side to side in an effort to ring harder and louder. For the rest of Terry (excluding the eyes) it was simply a matter of rotating every model at specific times, using Auto Key, after moving the pivot points to the same position.




When it came to using the same technique on the eyes, when I tried to move the pivot point of the white of Terry's eye, it disappeared altogether (see above). Unfortunately in this scene with Terry ringing I had to manually move the eyes into position once I had animated the body. I tried to move and rotate them to coincide with the movements of the rest of Terry although you can still see it doesn't quite match up precisely which I am unhappy with. Due to time constraints I pressed on with the animation and if I was to have more time, this is one thing I would definitely try to resolve further.


This clip shows the eye movements separated from the rest of Terry.



Another issue I found after 5 hours of rendering was in the beginning yawn scene. I realised too late that when Terry yawns, part of his outer body (in red) can be seen in the bottom of his mouth. This clip can be seen below. To rectify this was relatively easy as I had kept each part of Terry separate, I went into the editable poly of the outer body and manipulated the vertices so this didn't happen.







No comments:

Post a Comment