Sunday 13 May 2012

Evaluation

On the whole I am pleased with the work that I have produced. I have learnt new techniques and utilised these to create a believable character, which fulfilled the brief given. I particularly enjoyed working with morpher and using FFD boxes to manipulate the shape of the eyes and facial expressions. These techniques were new to me and I feel proud of how I have managed to use them in my piece.

I very much enjoyed the amount of research within this project with regard to behavioural study and trying to recreate actual expression on my model. I have tried throughout the animating procedure to link the expressions and body language as closely as possible to real behaviours and gestures, studied through people watching and also film clips taken.

I feel that experimenting with morpher, boning and view constraints during the animation production has helped me to produce a relatively realistic impression of a new character. I have realised that I have found a new love for 3D modeling through character animation that I had lacked in previous modules dealing with 3D modeling. I believe this is due to the basis of animating that I came across in this module largely based upon human behaviours and expression which I have always been very interested in. I also particularly enjoyed the scope of being able to create any type of character we wished and to analyse our creations through trying to build a convincing character and with it, his own unique personality.

This module has been one of my favourites throughout my time at University and I hope to continue to produce work based upon my experiences within this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment