Thursday 10 May 2012

Morphing Issues

After changing the material of Terry's face (in retrospect I should have foreseen the problem and changed the material before using morpher) of course I had changed the initial model. This meant that all of the morpher targets I had created were not the same model and therefore morpher stopped working. To solve this problem I tried many many different things involving changing the order of the stack and creating more morpher targets but for some reason each time I did this I couldn't get morpher to work. Due to morpher being an integral part to my animation this was a problem that I had to resolve. Eventually I managed to get morpher working once more by using a 3DS Max file of Terry minus his bones. Therefore the movement of his face and his limbs may have to be done seperately.


New morpher targets



One of the other problems I came across when remorphing Terry is that each of the morph targets required turbosmooth to be removed from their stacks (or at least did when I tried!) which made it quite difficult to create the correct expression on the actual model of Terry. On some of the targets I had to cross vertices quite substantially to try to close Terry's mouth.. this made editing the targets quite challenging. This happened I think, due to the changing amount of polygons on the targets and the final model that has turbosmooth applied. I edited the targets to the best that I could without generating folds and problems on the final model when the expression was changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment