Thursday 23 February 2012

Sir Terry Timepiece -An Initial Model (and an unfortunate discovery!)


Here you see the beginnings of 'Sir' Terry Timepiece. 

I have used the eyes from my original cartoon rat character for ease and created a model that will become my final character. I wanted a relatively simple model so that rendering won't be a big issue and I stuck to the general look of an alarm clock that many people could relate to in terms of form and structure (minus the eyes of course!) 

The next part I will be focusing on will be Terry's mouth which will be integral to the facial expressions I have illustrated on my storyboard. I also want to texture him to look relatively realistic with bronze/gold coloured bells, ceramic/painted metallic body and plastic facial features.



Unfortunately or fortunately... I'm not really sure which yet, whilst continuing to research alarm clocks and how they can be animated effectively, I came across this short animation on YouTube. 

It has a lot of very similar attributes to my proposed theme and idea, without however, the main idea that I will be showing the frustration of Terry through his facial expression cementing his character as the antagonist of the piece. I think that after finding this video I will go out and film some people getting frustrated and angry, and use their facial expressions to help me turn Terry into much more of an annoyed and temperamental character rather that will move my final piece further away from this idea.

I may however still decide on changing my idea completely if I feel that I cannot move far enough away from this piece which is a little too close to my original idea for my liking.

1 comment:

  1. I hope yours will be better than that video!!! Terry Timepiece is certainly coming together!

    ReplyDelete